Vehicle Preparation Operative
Vehicle Preparation Operative
Salary: Competitive + discretionary company bonus
To maximise sales revenues for private and trade vendors and present vehicles in their best possible manner the JP Vehicles department require a team player to help with vehicle preparation and sale presentation. With no two vehicles being the same a flexible approach is required and a keen eye for detail is paramount
Reporting to – Vehicle Disposal Executive
- Receive instruction from the Vehicle Disposal Executive to prepare a vehicle to an agreed standard;
- Carry out accurate vehicle appraisals, with regards to damage, features and correct description of available service history;
- Carry out a basic trade valet to include:
- Exterior wash the exterior body work;
- Treat and pressure wash alloy wheels or wheel trims to remove excess brake dust and dirt;
- Dress tyres with a suitable dressing;
- Wipe down interior fabrics/leathers, dashboards and door cards;
- Remove any rubbish or detritus left in the vehicle;
- Hoovering carpets and rear load spaces.
- Remove and hand over any required loose items and sensitive documents to the Vehicle Disposal Executive;
- De-decal any vehicle as requested;
- Take a series of consistent photographs of vehicles, being mindful of interior lighting conditions, background and space available;
- Take video footage and download to server;
- Ability to identify on site stock, by vendor;
- Arrange the saleroom in such a way as to create a safe and enjoyable environment;
- Maintain the safe keeping of keys ensuring assets are secure at all times;
- Rectify flat tyres and batteries where possible;
- Assisting customers with collections where required;
- The VPO will understand a vehicle better than anyone on site and should share any thoughts or concerns regarding missing items, previous paintwork repairs or current accident
damage that may have been carried with the Vehicle Disposal Executive.
- Alongside the preparation of vehicles, the VDE supports the business with the collection and delivery of vehicles using our internal trade plate service provision. it is important
that the operative can assist with this and approaches our customers in a smart and polite manner;
- Responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of valeting equipment reporting any issues to the VDE;
- Safe storage of cleaning chemicals and equipment;
- As part of an on-going development plan the VPO may be required to carry out some of the administration tasks and expand their duties during periods of absence of the VDE;
- Safe and professional collection of vehicles using our internal recovery truck and available pool vehicle, the VPO is responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance ensuring
vehicle checks are maintained and documented accordingly;
- Recognise that attention to detail is critical.
Being an integral part of the team at Marchington. The VPO will need to assist the other on-site teams with their sale preparation and site operation. During quieter periods it is incumbent on the operative to pro-actively seek gainful deployment in the business.
- Full driving licence with any endorsements disclosed to the business;
- The ability to adapt to a range of inhouse systems;
- Knowledge of the use of emails and day to day computing.
A trailer licence or previous proven experience in driving a similar vehicle.